So, obviously, an alternative was required.
An actual eggless, and very simple recipe under the cut.
Serves 15, so be prepared to halve, or even quarter the recipe, if you’re making it for yourself (as I often do).
Eggless Chocolate Mousse
- 145 g Chocolate
- 100 g Honey
- 100 g Sugar
- 250 g Butter
- 165 g Cocoa powder
- 600 ml Cream
If your sugar is granulated, or very coarse, you may need to grind it to a fine powder. Otherwise your mousse will have a crunchy texture which is a PAIN to get rid of, trust me.
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler.
- Combine the molten chocolate with the honey and sugar, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whip the butter and cocoa powder until completely combined. Fold into the molten chocolate mixture.
- Fold in the cream until it is completely incorporated with the chocolate-cocoa butter mix.
- Serve in chilled bowls. Add a dollop of cream as garnish if you’d like.
And you’re done! A lighter, eggless version of my chocolate marquise.
[music| Strangers: The Kinks]